Sunday, August 13, 2006

air travel a futuristic view

What with all the restrictions being enforced on passenger baggage check at airports, a future scenario will be something like this: Send all your baggage through Air Parcel service to your destination paying a hefty freight. You walk down to the airport from your house as vehicles may be checked for exposives, gadgets, etc. so give a lead time of five hours to reach the airport depending on where u reside. Next, walk up to the counter and get your b oarding pass after showing your ticket and passsport. Answer all question asked by the counter girl such as your father's name, mother's name, religion, marital status, (carry a horoscope with u if u r not married so they can match it with a spinster taking the same flight - this is a free perk) you may be asked about the dress you are wearing. Whether it is impregnated with actetoneperoxide or some such liquid explosisvse, after soaking and drying.
and whether it exploded whle u were ironing it. After going thru this drill, move to the emigration counter. Tell the duty officer why you are going to the given destination, how long u would stay and when, if at all, u willl return back. Fill half a dozen forms to affirm this in the presence of a known witness. If he asks for your appointment letter tell him that it has been shipped thru courier as u have to go empty handed now on the flight; he cant beat that. Get the passport stamped and move to the personal security.
Remove your watch, ring, wallet, keys, comb, ( only wooden combs allowed) If u r a lady remove your earrings and nose stud though it may pain a little. Local anaesthetics will be provided by airport security ( non inflammable ) Submit yourself to a thorough personal check including all openings and orifices to check for concealed explosives ( saliva may be mistaken for liquid explosive and sent to the airport lab for spot check) in which case u may miss the flight k nowing the time taken by the lab to test hundreds of samples of saliva piling up on their tables
Get your self xrayed to see if u r not carrying any weapons of mass destruction in your viscera barrng of course dysentery bacillus and amoeba. Also submit to a CT scan to see if you have hidden anything in your bone marrow other than stem cells,which of course George Bush would object to if u r travelling to the US. Allow security to check the glass of your specs to ensure that it is not really molten RDX crystals which will explode when u wink at the pretty girl sitting by your side on the flight.

After personal frisking u proceed to the boarding area and wait for the aircraft which u r told is five hours late. Not having been allowed to carry your homemade tiffin u will have to spend a fortune in buying snacks and coffee at the airport restaurant, which offers only restricted and properly tested and scanned menu. The burger has been irradiated during x-ray exam and the coffee has been passed thru ion-exchange to remove the chemical sweetener which is also a suspect.
At last the flight arrives and u stand in a queue to get into the aircraft. U occupy the sanitised seat and tighten the sanitised seat belt and drink a glass of chemical free water served by the steward and get ready for take off. This aircraft was used to carrly a VIP on its previous trip. So what do u find when it takes off? Bottles of Johnny Walker special tumble down from the luggage rack and drench the passengers below. An inflight enquiry is ordered and it is revealed that the bottles were given as a gift to the VIP but were pinched by a dipsomaniac crew member who hid it in the racks. The culprit is offloaded and handed over to the airport security. The flight is further delayed by an hour and at last u breathe a sigh of relief as u soar in the skies leaving all the turmoil and tumult below. U dont like the lunch served inflight, but hunger gnaws at your vitals and u have to compromise. There is no beer served with lunch as it vaguely resembles a certain liquid explosive or the raw material for it which was used by Alfred Nobel. yes, glycerine, to make nitroglycerine. Nitration can be done" in situ "on the flight as the coffee served resembles strong nitric acid. So u suffer in silence and land ultimately at your destination woebegone and furlorn. Only to go thru another drill at the destination, immigration,customs, security et al. That is when u decide to go in for a crash course in hatayoga to learn the secret of walking on water so that next time u go to europe or america,u can walk on the waters across the seven seas and perhaps reach faster.

12 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Doesn't it feel good to be safe?! Ha ha ha

Well, thanks for the comments on my blog though I can see you and I come from different worlds and perhaps some things don't translate.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hello vichchoobhai,

Thank your for you nice comment on my blog. I am not against weight loss surgery in general, it just isn't something that I would ever do. I believe in working hard to lose weight, you have to have alot of discipline and motivation otherwise it will be difficult to keep on the right path.

I have been thinking about trying yoga, everyone says it is so good for your body and mind. I will have to do some research on Ramdev. You will be the first to know if I have tried yoga and I will tell you how it went.

Thankyou for your faith in me about being under 100kgs in a few months. I am not sure how long it will take me. The first time I lost weight it came off very fast, but I think this time it will be more difficult... I am older, I have had a baby, I have an underactive thyroid which I have to take medication for. Although I have lost 11 kilograms in the last 2 months which I think is great!

Did you learn some dutch when you were living in Holland? I had to attend a dutch language school for 1 year, it was compulsory. It also helped that my husbands parents don't speak english, and I lived with them for more than 6 months so I picked it up quickly. I do however also have family in Holland, my dads parents are dutch, but after the war they moved to Canada.

You are lucky that you have seen all of the museums, I haven't visited any yet. I think thats a shame because I have been here for 4 and a half years. I would like to visit more of The Netherlands and Europe in general but finding time is not easy, and now with a 1 year old baby I can't just go whenever I feel like it.

I have been to Bombay once when I was about 6 years old, but only inside of the airport, we were switching flights there. I lost my favourite doll there and I remember being really upset about it.

I will bookmark your blog and visit your page often. All the best to you!

Groetjes uit Nederland... Greetings from Holland,

Amanda Jane :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

PS - sorry for the long comment... I couldn't find an email address to write you an email.

Amanda Jane :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger vichchoobhai said...

thanks for the comment. It was not long, but interesting. I do admire your determination to go it your own way to reduce your weight, a disciplined way. Yes, if you are interested, you can check up about yoga and Swami Ramdev. Recently he held a camp in London which was attended by thousands of people.
Sorry, I could not lealrn Dutch during my stay there. There was no need. Everyone seems toknow english well. I did have difficulty though in some places like small shops and flea markets.
Do visit the m useums. The VanGogh museum allows free entry if uvisti it on your birthday taking with uthe proof ofbirth such as passport. Nearabout, you have the Rijksmuseum another great art treasure.

I feel sorry that u lost your favuorite doll at Bombay what a pity, i can imagine how u must have felt. I feel guilty it happened at my place. I wish I could give one to your child in recompense.

Hypothyroidism is often the culprit in obesity cases. Hope u have shown to a competent endocrinologist as the dosges have to be precise and T1 T2 and TSH tests done periodically.

My e mail id is torusdirect@yahoo.com
Pl feel free to write to me whenever u have the time and the inclination. I would be happy to hear from u

Groetjes uit Ind

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jaye Wells said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think this post is great. It's funny and scary at the same time because some of your points probably aren't too far down the line.

7:55 AM  
Blogger vichchoobhai said...

thanks Jaye for your nice comments. I feel encouraged.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

its called spell check. and ps.: WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU??!! (by the way, you do realise the post was called 'wasted life.')

4:24 AM  
Blogger Monolith... said...

you are a frigging idiot who misses the point of everything. sorry...nothing personal...just the truth.

4:32 AM  
Blogger vichchoobhai said...

Kee khobor Bhattacharjee? Paagal kutte ne kaata hai kya? Kyoun bekaar bad bada rahe ho mujh per idiot sediot bulaake Yehi hai kya Bengali culture, jo rabinadranath tagore ne sikhaya tumko?
jabaan sambhalna Varna pachtaogae bhai

1:26 AM  
Blogger therapy said...

you're hilarious you know that..
they dont make em like this anymore..

12:55 AM  
Blogger vichchoobhai said...

Thanks Therapy. I went thru your blogs today and found them enchanting. Some r original some collaged but the way u do it is simply beautiful. More power to your elbow. Take m y comments in the true spirit. some of them may appear caustic, but are light.

6:29 AM  
Blogger iffatali said...

Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it.Flights to Miami

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home